Brittany N. Meeker – Member
Brittany N. Meeker is a Member of Craig & Craig, LLC, serving in the Mt. Vernon. Ms. Meeker began her legal career as an Associate with the Firm in 2014. Ms. Meeker graduated cum laude, and with departmental honors, from Indiana State University in 2011 with a B.S. in Legal Studies and a minor in Civic Leadership. Ms. Meeker received her Juris Doctorate from Southern Illinois University School of Law in 2014. At the SIU School of Law, Ms. Meeker was a member of the Moot Court Board, received the Order of the Barristers, and served as an advocate on the school’s national moot court team. During that competition, she received a national oral advocacy and best brief award. During law school, Ms. Meeker worked for the Jackson County State’s Attorney’s Office.
Since joining Craig & Craig, LLC, Ms. Meeker has focused on worker’s compensation and occupational diseases defense, as well as civil defense. Ms. Meeker recently co-authored the Chapter 2 Supplement entitled “Jurisdiction of Courts other than District Courts” in the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education Federal Civil Practice Handbook.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Indiana State University, B.S., 2011, Cum Laude, Dean’s List
- 2014, Illinois
Memberships and Honors
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (IDC) (2014-Present)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- SIU Sports Law Society (Co-President, 2013-2014)
- Employment and Labor Law Association (Member, 2013 – 2014)
- Moot Court Board, Southern Illinois University School of Law
- Order of the Barristers
- Co-Author, “Jurisdiction of Courts Other than District Courts, Supplement” published by the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Chapter 2S (2014).
- Author, ISBA Workers’ Compensation newsletter, Case Summary, “Constructive Selection Doctrine Used to Overcome the Two-Physician Rule” (2015).
Born: Terre Haute, Indiana, May 16, 1989