Brittany N. Meeker – Associate
Brittany N. Meeker has been an Associate with Craig & Craig, LLC, in the Mt. Vernon office since 2014. Ms. Meeker graduated cum laude, and with departmental honors, from Indiana State University in 2011 with a B.S. in Legal Studies and a minor in Civic Leadership. Ms. Meeker received her Juris Doctorate from Southern Illinois University School of Law in 2014. At the SIU School of Law, Ms. Meeker was a member of the Moot Court Board, received the Order of the Barristers, and served as an advocate on the school’s national moot court team. During that competition, she received a national oral advocacy and best brief award. During law school, Ms. Meeker worked for the Jackson County State’s Attorney’s Office.
Since joining Craig & Craig, LLC, Ms. Meeker has focused on worker’s compensation and occupational diseases defense, as well as civil defense. Ms. Meeker recently co-authored the Chapter 2 Supplement entitled “Jurisdiction of Courts other than District Courts” in the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education Federal Civil Practice Handbook.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Indiana State University, B.S., 2011, Cum Laude, Dean’s List
- 2014, Illinois
Memberships and Honors
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (IDC) (2014-Present)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- SIU Sports Law Society (Co-President, 2013-2014)
- Employment and Labor Law Association (Member, 2013 – 2014)
- Moot Court Board, Southern Illinois University School of Law
- Order of the Barristers
- Co-Author, “Jurisdiction of Courts Other than District Courts, Supplement” published by the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Chapter 2S (2014).
- Author, ISBA Workers’ Compensation newsletter, Case Summary, “Constructive Selection Doctrine Used to Overcome the Two-Physician Rule” (2015).
Born: Terre Haute, Indiana, May 16, 1989