Stephen L. Corn, Senior Partner in the Mattoon Office of Craig & Craig, began his career at Craig & Craig in 1969. He has practiced continuously since that time in the general areas of litigation with emphasis on medical negligence, insurance coverage litigation and errors & omissions litigation for professionals.
Mr. Corn graduated from the University of Illinois Law School. He has been active in bar associations, including the Illinois State Bar Association, American Bar Association, Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel and DRI, including writing articles and speaking at meetings and seminars.
Mr. Corn is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, having been inducted in 1994.
Mr. Corn has been involved in a number of significant cases both at the trial level and at the appellate level.
- Fellow: American College of Trial Lawyers
- Lawyers Trust Fund of Illinois, Member of Board of Directors 1991 - 1995
- Coles-Cumberland Bar Association (President, 1986-1987)
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member of Council, Young Lawyers Section, 1971-1979 Chairman, 1978-1979)
- Long Range Planning Committee, 1999
- Member: Insurance Law Section, 1999-2004
- Special Committee on Ethics, 1999, 2000 - to present
- Special Committee on Federal Practice, 2000-2003 and Committee on Professional Conduct, 2008-2009)
- American Bar Association (Vice-Chairman of Programs for the TIPS Medicine & Law Committee)
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (Member, Board of Directors, 1984-1992, President, 1991-1992)
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Supreme Court Committee on Character and Fitness
Born: Danville, Illinois, June 12, 1944
- Author: "Settlement," Illinois Civil Practice Before Trial, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Chapter 3, 1992
- Author: Illinois Causes of Action: Estate, Business and Non-Personal Injury Actions Chapter 35: Declaratory Judgments (Revised 2010)
Panelist on Illinois State Bar Association Webinar concerning the Rules of Evidence, November, 2010