Garth E. Flygare – Associate
Contact Garth Flygare
Garth E. Flygare began working with Craig & Craig, LLC in the Mattoon office as an Associate Attorney in 2015, after graduating in the same year cum laude from Southern Illinois University School of Law and College of Business with a joint J.D./M.B.A. degree, specializing in Business and Transactional Law. During law school, Mr. Flygare worked with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, and the Williamson County State’s Attorney’s Office. Mr. Flygare also served as the Lead Articles Editor of the Southern Illinois University Law Journal.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Flygare graduated from Macalester College, of St. Paul, Minnesota, in 2002 with a B.A. in Philosophy. He went on to incorporate and manage a business in the construction industries for several years.
Since joining Craig & Craig, LLC, Mr. Flygare has focused on General Civil Litigation, Workers’ Compensation, Commercial Law, and Contract Law.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., 2015
- Southern Illinois University College of Business, M.B.A., 2015
- Macalester College, B.A., 2002
- 2015, Illinois
Memberships and Honors
- Coles-Cumberland County Bar Association (2015-present)
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (2015-present)
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society (Member, 2012-present; Lesar Inn Vice Magister, 2013-14)
- “Anticipatory Repudiation: A Clear Barrier to Communication,” 39 S. Ill. U. L.J. 85 (2014),Click here to read this publication.
- “Title VII Retaliation Claims: But-For Causation Gets Back at Price Waterhouse in the Wake of University of Texas Southwest Medical Center v. Nassar, 133 S.Ct. 2517 (2013),” 39 S. Ill. U. L.J. 557 (2015),Click here to read this article